In my research, I am mainly interested in analyzing political behavior and political attitudes on the national as well as local level. My research focuses on the explanation of voters‘ preferences and attitudes regarding certain policies and on the political representation of various groups of society in politics.
Additionally, I am interested in analyzing voters‘ candidate choice in elections. On the local level, I am particularly interested in party competition and the success of Independent Local Lists (ILL). Thereby I focus on the supply and demand side factors of ILL success and particularly on the impact of representation attitudes on ILL support among voters and elites.
6. Populist Parties and the Two-Dimensional Policy Space. Online first. European Journal of Political Research (with Robert A. Huber and Michael Jankowski)
5. Turning a blind eye on the black sheep. When are voters loyal to corrupt politicians?Online First. Acta Politica (with Michael Jankowski and Marcel Lewandowsky)
4. Who wants COVID-19 Vaccination to be Compulsory? The Impact of Party Cues, Left-Right Ideology and Populism. Online first. Politics (with Michael Jankowski, Robert A. Huber, Torren Frank, Leena Maas and Markus Tepe)
3. The Impact of Anti-Establishment Parties on the Electoral Success of Independent Local Lists. Evidence from Germany. 2022. Party Politics. 28(1), 127-136 (with Michael Jankowski and Markus Tepe)
2. Abstiegserfahrungen in der Kommune und der Aufstieg Unabhängiger Wählergemeinschaften. Neue Befunde aus einem Mehrebenen-Kommunalwahlpanel. 2021. Zeitschrift für Parlamentsfragen. 52(1), 59-77 (with Markus Tepe and Michael Jankowski)
1. NieKom. Eine neue Datenbasis für die kommunale Wahl- und Policyforschung in Niedersachsen. 2019. dms – der moderne staat. 12(2), 465-471 (with Michael Jankowski, Markus Tepe and Florian Erlbruch)
- Coalition Preferences of Green Party Voters (with Michael Jankowski, Martin Gross and Florian Erlbruch)
- Political Trust and Populism: The Impact of Government Participation
- The non-binary Gender Gap in Political Attitudes and Behavior (with Thilo Dieing and Christian Stecker)
- Preferences towards Gender Quotas: Experimental Evidence from Germany (with Michael Jankowski and Markus Tepe)
- VAA-Users‘ Information Behavior (with Christian Stecker and Michael Jankowski)
- Gender Identity, Sex and Voting for Radical Right Parties